Never Make God Your Backup Plan 🤍
A Personal Note from My Heart
Dear Grace for Moms family,
Today’s blog is a little different.
This isn’t something I learned from a sermon or a book.
This is something God has been teaching me.
For a long time, I noticed a pattern in my own life.
Whenever a problem came, I would immediately run to God.
When I was worried, I prayed.
When I felt helpless, I opened my Bible.
When life became difficult, I desperately wanted God’s presence.
But when everything was going well…
I slowly became busy again.
My prayers became shorter.
My Bible stayed closed.
I depended more on myself than-on God.
One day, I sat quietly and realized something that broke my heart.
Without even noticing it, I had started treating God like my backup plan instead of making Him the center of my life. 💔
I’m not writing this to judge anyone.
I’m writing this because this has been my own struggle.
Maybe some of you have experienced the same thing.
God Deserves More Than Our Emergency Calls 🕊️
Think about it for a moment.
How often do we remember God only when life falls apart?
- When the doctor gives bad news…
- When money becomes tight…
- When relationships are hurting…
- When our hearts are broken…
That’s when we cry,
“God, please help me.”
But what about the ordinary days?
- The peaceful mornings.
- The answered prayers.
- The happy moments.
Do we still spend time with Him?
Or do we slowly drift away until the next storm arrives?
That question changed my heart.
God Wants a Relationship, Not Just Our Problems 🤍
The beautiful thing about God is this:
Even when I forgot Him…
He never forgot me.
Even when I stopped seeking Him…
He continued loving me.
He wasn’t waiting to punish me.
He was patiently waiting for me to come back.
God doesn’t want to be our last option.
He wants to be our first conversation every morning…
Our guide in every decision…
Our comfort in every season…
And our closest friend every single day.
Let’s Choose Him First 🌷
I’m still learning this.
I’m not perfect.
Some days I still catch myself running to God only when life becomes difficult.
But every day, I’m learning to seek Him before the problems come.
Not because I need something from Him…
But because I simply want to be close to Him.
That’s the kind of relationship He desires with each one of us. 🤍
📖 Bible Verse for Today
“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
— Matthew 6:33
This verse reminds us that God lovingly invites us to seek Him first—not only in our struggles but in every season of life.
A Short Prayer for Today
Dear Heavenly Father,
Forgive me for the times I remembered You only when life became difficult. Thank You for loving me even when I drifted away. Teach me to seek You every day, not just in my struggles but also in my joys. Help me to make You my first choice, not my backup plan.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
Dear beautiful friend,
If this blog spoke to your heart, let’s make one simple promise today:
Let’s seek God not only when life is hard, but every single day.
He has always been faithful to us.
May we learn to faithfully walk with Him. 🤍🕊️

Comments
Post a Comment